Sunday, March 14, 2010

September 2009: Axia Restaurant & Bar

At the table - Nad B, Nad R, Bibi, Shara (me)

Nad B chose Axia - an Asian restaurant in the Erin Mills area of Mississauga for our club debut.

You can choose from a variety of Asian cuisine from sushi to sizzling hot plates. The atmosphere is casual, light and airy and the service was very friendly and efficient. I had the Bento Box - teriyaki, sushi, salad - and a glass of plum wine. The food was great - my first time eating non-veg sushi and I discovered I like smoked salmon. The wine was good, but very sweet. More of a liquid dessert than a beverage, which is exactly what it's intended to be. Prices were moderate, portions were more than enough. I would go there again, maybe for dinner next time to get a better feel for the atmosphere - designed as a courtyard with an outdoor feel. I imagine the ambiance would be much different in the evening with the lighting.

It was also such a coincidence to see Nad R's mom and sisters there! Nice surprise. The miso soup they recommended was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment