Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tony's I-75 Restaurant...Got Bacon?

If you ever happen to make a road trip to Northern Michigan on the I-75, it's worth a pitstop off the highway in Birch Run, MI to grab a bite...make that a big bite...at Tony's Restaurant.

Recommended by a colleague, we ventured off the I-75 on our way to Traverse City, MI, found Tony's and bit off more than we could chew! Should have clued in when all the servers had "Got Bacon?" on their back. 

If you order a BLT, it comes with a pound of bacon. My turkey club came with a 1/2 pound of bacon and a 1/2 pound of turkey. We're talking BIG food! And if you like bacon (and every pork eating carnivore does), then you'll love this place. The bacon is GOOD!

Not in the mood for bacon? Then maybe try the Reuben like my travel pal did on my 2nd trip through. Or the Ranchero or Poutine that we had on our way back! 

The epitome of excessive food and over indulgence, but consider it a right of passage if traveling on the I-75....and the food is awesome and served with a smile!

~ S ~

A glimpse at the menu
Got Bacon?
The Reuben (front) and Turkey Club (back)
A closer look at the Turkey Club
The Ranchero
Tony's homage to Canadians - The Poutine!
Tony's I-75 Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment